Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Friday, November 9




Ok, we have to go back in time a little! I realized that I didn't write about the field trip I took with Rachel's class. We went to Plimouth Plantation - a living history museum of the Plimouth settlement in the year 1627. It was a terrific trip! I was so excited about getting to go because of my years teaching third grade. We used to study the first Thanksgiving and show a video about Plimouth Plantation. The books Sarah Morton's Day and Samuel Eaton's Day were also made from photographs taken there. This year I actually got to go and experience the real thing! Rachel and I enjoyed it so much, we took the boys back on Monday (Veteran's Day).
They had a good time too! I really could have stayed all day long and just talked to the "re creators" and asked question after question!! Tim and Jamie got into a long conversation with a man putting the thatched roof on a new house.
Rachel's favorite part was the Wampanoag home site - the recreation of the home site of the man the Wampanoag leaders sent to Plimouth as an "ambassador" of sorts.
The kids also got to try their hands at some colonial games.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Sonja,
Email me and give me your mailing address up there in Boston! I get to send out those long awaited FAMILY PHOTO Christmas cards this year!!!
Love ya,
Tammie
PS... The court date is Monday!!! Can you believe it's finally here???