Friday, August 3, 2007

Friday, August 3

Whew!! We've had two full days! The first (Thursday) was full of potty training. We stayed at home all day and worked on going "teetee" in the potty. David is really getting the hang of it. We started the day naked from the waist down, and then switched to big boy underwear in the afternoon (so we could get outside for a few minutes). We did go through 4 pairs of the underwear, but I think we've about got it figured out. David even pooped on the potty!! I was pooped myself from playing cheerleader all day.

On Friday, we had an outing to the Aquarium. Several of the partners were going with their kids, so we decided to go tool. I put David in Spiderman pull ups and off we went. He did great! He didn't get Spidy wet all day. We went teetee at the aquarium, at home, and at the Cheesecake Factory (where Tim took me for dinner since it was 100 degrees in my kitchen last night)!! I am so proud of our little Chooch! We're back in a diaper to sleep tonight, but I'll put his Pokemon big boy underwear back on in the morning.
What did we do at the aquarium?? Well, we went to see Dinosaurs in 3-D, which was pretty good, but a little technical for the kids. Then we ate some lunch and toured the facility. The jellyfish, sea dragon, and sea turtles were still our favorites. We headed home about 3. Tim took us to dinner and then to a fellows party. It was a nice evening.

We are also now trying out a new service called sittercity.com. It is a great website for finding babysitters in your area. The site lets you post a profile for your family, look at babysitters' profiles and resumes, and post jobs you want filled. I am impressed so far. Sittercity also runs background checks and lets you rate the sitter and comment on how you thought he/she did. Yes, there is a guy on the list. I'm thinking about giving him a call to set up an interview. I think it would be fun for Jamie to have a guy come stay. The whole interview thing is wild though! I've always known the people I was asking to come babysit and never interviewed a potential sitter. Thankfully the site gives you a format and a good, long list of questions you might want to ask when doing an interview. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: