Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday, June 15

Wow!! June is half over! I can hardly believe it. I'm just glad that all the days haven't been like today. This was a disappointing day. Rachel was in the dumps from lunchtime on. She says that this was the worst day ever for various and sundary reasons. David was extremely clingy today too. We spent time in time out for hitting and lost toys for throwing them. Tim had a rough day too, on the heels of very little sleep last night.

The worst part of the day for me was our outing for the day. I had decided to take the kids to the Mt. Auburn cemetary. It is the oldest garden cemetary in the US. It is lush and green, full of plants and trees and lots of sculptures in, around, and a part of the tombstones. There is also a large tower in the cemetary that you can go up in and see Boston. We got the auto tour - a CD tour with lots of nice music, stories and interesting facts about the cemetary. We got about 15 minutes into the hour long tour when the van started smoking and smelling like antifreeze. I pulled over, got out and looked under the hood. Sure enough, the antifreeze compartment was almost empty - even though my temperature gauge never moved from the mid line. ARRRRRRGH!!!!!! I left the cemetary in an extremely foul mood. It did help, though, that the kids were also disappointed that we had to stop our tour and that the nice lady in the office gave us our money back since we didn't get to do the whole thing. I took the cursed vehicle home and tried to call Tim to see if we should take it back to Mickey or try someone else. Tim was, of course, in class, so I didn't get through. When he got home from class at around 6 (earlier than I had expected), I gave him the bad news. He called Mickey who is going to take a look at it tomorrow morning. Tim will take it in on his way to his study group meeting in the morning. So, again, we are without a car.

David and Rachel remained grumpy until after supper. David wanted me to play instead of cooking, and Rach just wanted this terrible day to be over. Now, I'm just plain pooped. Maybe next week will be better.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

:( What a terrible day! You needed a "Melissa hug"! Wish I could have been there to give ya one! (I am just catching up on your blog 6/23) Love you guys!