Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wednesday, June 6

Today we hung around the house for the morning. Just taking our time with baths and shampoos for everyone and having a generally lazy morning. We ate lunch and then decided to venture out to find the nearest Target and Blockbuster. I needed to exchange the viewmaster that David got for his birthday (the optics were weird), and I had gotten it a Target in Huntsville. So I got online and searched for a Target near me. It turns out that there is one less than 30 min from here. We piled in the car, punched up the address on the Tom Tom and struck out. We found it fairly easily. The exchange went off fine, except that we passed the Thomas aisle while looking for a replacement view master. Suddenly David didn't want a viewmaster, he wanted a Thomas and begain to lament at the cruelty of his wretched mother at the top of his lungs. Wretched mother that I am, I just continued with my shopping - there were several things that we needed to pick up. He would not be appeased by getting to select the color of plastic bowls for the family. He would not be appeased by a snack of goldfish - he wanted cookies. We finally got checked out, and I asked David if he wanted to go home and take a nap. He said he did. So, we drove back home and went through our whole nap time routine. I wasn't really surprised when he came thumping down the stairs a short time after being tucked in bed. The kids and I have decided that Wednesday night will be family movie night. So, since David wasn't napping, we piled back in the car to find Blockbuster. No problem getting there. The kids had a little trouble agreeing on a movie, so David had time to get antsy and begin to run up and down the aisles. At that, I swooped him up into my arms and he began to scream to be let down. We managed to get out of Blockbuster with all of the children still breathing and made it back home. Dave calmed down on the way, thankfully. Once at home, we decided to order pizza for supper from the place just down the road because Tim had an overnight team-building trip for school. So, I got online and ordered our food. Then we walked down to the square to get our pizza, fries, and baklava. We had a lovely picnic on the living room floor with our pizza and movie. The kids tried the baklava and didn't like it. So, as a reward for a long, difficult day, I got to have 2 pieces. I thought it was yummy! I actually closed a few windows before bed, because the lows were dipping into the 40s. I have really been surprised, but we haven't actually had to use the air conditioning units very much. I wonder if my temperature comfort zone will change after this year. We'll see.
I think that's it for today. I know that these blogs are probably a lot longer than anyone is interested in reading, but I know that there is no way I'll keep up with a blog and a journal. So, this has to serve as both, because I do want a record of our year for myself. Thanks to those of you who labor through all of my crazy, stream-of-consciousness postings. I really miss everyone back home and love yous guys lots and lots!
God bless!!!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Well, I for one am enjoying reading all the posts. Living so far from home, I get lonely for my old friends and family, so reading about you guys makes me remember college.

Keep it up!

Sonja said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Dana!!