Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday, June 22

A cool, rainy day today. Our big outing today was a trip to the grocery store. We did have a visitor for lunch. One of the partners, Cybele, and her husband have just gotten to move into their house here in Belmont. They have been in a Residence Inn with their 2 small children since mid-May. Anyway, I invited Cybele over for some lunch. I was so excited to have a clean house that I could invite someone in to on the spur of the moment. I'm looking forward to coming home and trying to get my house more in order. The rest of the day was filled with scattered thundershowers, so we didn't try to go back to the pool. We just had a nice day here. Tim made it home for dinner for the first time this week, and that was a nice treat. Jamie has almost finished Harry Potter. He has been a little obsessive about getting his reading done. He doesn't want to have the raido on in the car because he's reading. I am proud of his accomplishment. He says that he has enjoyed the reading, but is ready to be free from it for awhile. He says I can have as much time as I need to finish #6, because he wants a bit of a break. Whew! Because I am behind!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sonja~

I am totally AMAZED at the way you are keeping up with this blog! Is this the same girl who would never check her e-mail? ;) I am really enjoying hearing about your every day life! Keep up the good work.

Love you and the rest of the McKelvy crew!
Melissa

Sonja said...

Melissa, Hey girl! Well, it's amazing the difference that broadband makes! I can get online and log in to email almost instantaneously. At home, it takes several minutes just to connect to the server. Then it takes 15-20 min to download all the emails (if it has only been a week or so since I checked). It's the same computer, just a service that we can't get out in the boonies. Plus, I really wanted to have a journal of some kind for me to look back on after the year is over. I know that I wouldn't keep up with a written journal and a blog, so this is both.