Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesday, June 20

I am so glad to have my vehicle back!! I just don't do well when I feel stuck. I'm an on-the-go girl!! And I guess I'm creating on-the-go kids. Today we tried for an outing with the Partners/Spouses of MIT group. They were supposed to be going strawberry picking and picnicing. We drove out the the farm, under a steady rain. When we got there, they had sold out of strawberries on hand, and they don't allow you pickers in the rain. So, we were just out of luck. They are having a strawberry festival on Saturday. Maybe the kids and I will venture back out there for it.

Instead of picnicing on the farm, we came home and had our picnic on the living room floor. We decided then that we should go see a movie. First we went over to the town hall to get our pool passes for the summer. (A good deal - only $140 for all 5 of us now thru Sept. 2!) I think we're going to give the pool a try tomorrow. Then we headed over to Burlington to the movie. We went to see Surf's Up. I wasn't expecting much, so I was pleasantly surprised that it was a pretty cute movie. I really liked the messages about sports, competition, and friendship. David was great during the whole thing, of course he ate lots of popcorn. We came home and had dinner. Tim had a late night tonight, so didn't get home until almost 8. We put David to bed and at 9:19, we headed outside to look for the space station and shuttle. It traveled more directly overhead this time, and we were less overcast. Rachel was the one who spotted it! She was so excited and she yelled out when she saw it. It was pretty cool! The two bright lights were traveling together in a straight line. We spotted it easily, even though we have a lot of airplane traffic overhead. We had lots of false alarms with blinking lights before Rachel found the real thing.

2 comments:

Matt & Janet said...

Sonja - you need to email Kennard about the reunion. he sent out a new email yesterday with who he had heard from, and you weren't on any of his lists. his email is wesley@dbtech.net

Sonja said...

Thanks! I got that email too and sent him another.