Sunday, June 17, 2007

Saturday, June 16

Another day spent mostly at home since we're without a vehicle. AGAIN!!! Tim took the van in and learned that we have a cracked radiator. So, we'll be without wheels until at least Monday. Tim went in to MIT to meet with his study group this morning. The kids and I spent our time playing and making Father's Day cards. Jamie drew a great Buzz Lightyear for David's card to Tim, then David colored it in. I think that David is going to have a very hard time turning ownership of the card over to Tim. But he did want to give it to "DaDa" as soon as Tim got home. Things make so little sense when you're only 3!!

We had a nice picnic lunch in the back yard today. We're out of milk, so we had sweet tea for lunch. The kids all enjoyed the treat, as I don't make sweet tea very often. After lunch, we played outside for awhile. Tim had a conference call with some classmates to do some school work for the afternoon (it ended up lasting 3.5 hours). So, the kids and I entertained ourselves with reading, walking to the store for wrapping paper, wrapping Tim's Father's Day presents, and watching a movie. David wasn't much interested in the movie, so we went upstairs to play with his trains and the viewmaster discs of Larry Boy.

Once Tim was done with his conference call, it was dinnertime. We all wanted to get out of the house for a bit, so we walked about a mile down the road to a little pizzaria. Jamie tried chicken parmesan for the first time. He thought it was ok, but I could tell that it really wasn't what he was expecting. Tim and I both had calezones, but we should have just split one. We did take the leftovers home for a later meal. After that, we walked back toward home and stopped in at the ice cream parlor. It was really nice out, so we ate our ice cream at one of the outside tables. When we got home, it was time to put everyone to bed. Then I set off to reading my 2 chapters in Harry Potter for the day. I'm glad that I'm rereading the book, because I had forgotten so many things! I'll definitely be ready for the new one next month. I ended up staying up until almost midnight reading, even though I had been exhausted most of the day. I just got a second wind and got involved in reading. Maybe I'll get a good night's sleep tomorrow night.

No comments: