Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday, June 11

Wow! I'm finally catching up all the way to present day! Yea!!!!

Today was an at home day. I also began restrictions on the tv today. I wasn't the most popular mom with Rachel today. We spent the morning playing, cleaning house, and doing laundry. For lunch, we decided to have a picnic outside at the table in the back yard. It was still in the shade and the temperature was in the 70s. Quite lovely!! After lunch, the kids wanted to go for a walk, so we walked down the road to the Belmont Water Resevoir. It is on a hill, so you can't see it from street level. I was quite surprised to find not water, but a green field at the top. I guess the water is all underground. The whole area is fenced off and people aren't allowed to go in. There are a couple of small, round brick buildings there too. Jamie decided he wanted to run around the whole thing, so he took off in one direction, and David, Rachel and I in the other. It took him about 6 minutes to run all the way around and then come back to us, so it's probably between 1/4 and 1/2 a mile around. Then it was back home to cool off.

After watching Arthur and having reading time, we decided to venture back out, but on bicycle this time. We all rode down to Jamie's school (Chenery) to the playground there. David enjoyed running and playing on the equipment and swinging. His first time to swing since leaving home. :-( There were some kids there who were Jamie's age and a teacher or aide of some sort. It was probably an after school care program. Anyway, Jamie tried to talk to a couple of boys and a group of girls came up to him. It didn't seem to go too well, though. I tried to give him some pointers on how to start up a conversation, but I know it must be hard. The girls were all very silly and giggly. Jamie did talk to them long enough to find out that they are his "peers" - as he put it (5th graders now).

Tim actually had an early day again today, so he was home by 6:00oish. He even stopped off at the grocery store on the way and picked up some bread and a gallon of milk. The grocery store is on the bus route home, so he was able to stop off and get back on to come home without paying twice. I haven't tried the buses by myself yet. But, if this car situation continues too much longer, I will!! After supper, we all went outside to play a little frisbee in the cool of the evening. It's 68 here right now, and the low tonight is supposed to be 62. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, and the high will only be 68. That's one thing I don't miss about Alabama - the hot!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Guys!! I've enjoyed seeing how much the kids have grown and reading about life in Belmont. I guess we had to move to Florida and you guys had to move up north for a year so we could catch up with each other.

Becca

Tammie said...

Wow! I know more about your daily life since moving to Boston than I ever did when you lived right here!!! HA HA!!! Glad to hear you're settling in and doing well! Love ya!

Sonja said...

Yes, I am much more "chatty" when typing than in person. I've always been pretty much of a what you see is what you get kind of a girl, but now there's more to see. It's been nice to see names from friendships from over the years. You all bring a smile to my face!!

Dana said...

Sean will be in fifth grande in September as well and I know how he is around the girls. Shy as all get out! But he does have a couple of crushes and has had them since kindergarten! That kid is something else.

SOunds like you guys are learning your way around just fine. I've never been to Boston, but I've heard it's very nice.