Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday, June 12

The kids and I ventured out to the grocery store today. I had to go or have nothing to cook for dinner tonight. Plus, David was out of Cocco Puffs - which he let me know was a huge travesty!! He has learned how to eat cereal with milk on it, and now wants it every morning. (A boy after my own taste buds!) We haven't had Cocco Puffs the last two mornings. We arrived back home at lunch time and needless to say, David had Cocco Puffs for lunch. But at least he wanted to go to the store. The store where we shopped today had great buggies for little ones. The front of the buggy (opposite from the end you push) was built into a little car with windows, seatbelt, and steering wheel. Rachel wanted to cram herself into the seat next to David, but Mommy vetoed it.

After a quick lunch, we had to take the van back to the service station to have the thermostat put in. We got there without getting too hot and dropped the key off with Mickey who said that he loves to hear the kids talk - loves the accent. We walked down to the grocery store/bus stop and only had to wait a couple of minutes till our bus came. We all piled on and rode to Cushing Square and walked from there. David did not want to get off the bus - he enjoyed the ride thoroughly.

Later that afternoon, we had our first play date. Kirsten, a lady we met a church, brought her girls, Faye and Callie, over to play. Rachel falls right between the two in age. The girls all got along very well. Faye and Callie get along great - much better than my oldest two. They had fun playing while Kirsten and I had a nice visit. Kirsten is actually a native Bostonian. She tells me that there aren't too many of them around. Most of the folks here are temporary transplants like us. She said that it has made for an interesting life with a wide assortment of friends from all over the place. She is a really neat person. I know that I'll enjoy getting to know her better.

2 comments:

Matt & Janet said...

Hey guys! Send us your mailing address - Tim's "other" parents have been bugging us for it. And I agree with Becca - i know more about what's going on with ya'll than I did when I worked in the office next door to Tim! Maybe you should keep up the blog after you get back to good ole Bama! Are ya'll going to make the reunion during your trip back in July?

Sonja said...

I'm planning on it. But, I haven't heard any more about it. I emailed a reply to the initial Wesley email and haven't heard anything more.