Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday, June 26

Hot!! Hot!! Pant, pant, pant.
I know, the high today was only 93. But there is no air conditioning!! The church where we are going to VBS is not air conditioned! It wasn't too bad. After VBS we went to the pool, very nice. Cool water. And, Rachel passed her deep end swim test! Yea!!!
We went to get a movie and a pizza for supper. Tim ate with his study group tonight to strategize and socialize. There was no way I was going to cook in that kitchen. I used my pampered chef kitchen thermometer just now, and it says the kitchen is 91 degrees! The main hall is 83, and the upstaris hall is 90. We have the window units running in all 3 bedrooms and are keeping the doors shut so at least those rooms will be cool. I will be glad to get home to the land of air conditioning!! Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter - highs in mid to upper 90s with a heat index of 100. But, fortunately, Jamie has planned to spend the afternoon at the mall tomorrow, and to have dinner at Rainforest Cafe tomorrow night. It is supposed to thunderstorm all day Thurs (highs only in the upper 80s) then highs are predicted to be in the 70s until early next week. Thank goodness!!

I had a God moment today. I was talking with the director of VBS before the kids came up for closing. She told me that there actually was a wait list for coming to VBS, but that since we made the effort to come to church on Sunday morning, she put us in. In a way, I feel a little bad that someone else didn't get in. But I am so relieved that we did!! I have enjoyed talking with folks from both congregations as I have been there helping. Plus, it has been really good for Jamie and Rachel to have a break from each other all week. I have also appreciated having a break from the kids!! I guess God knew I needed it.
Blessings to you all!!!!

2 comments:

Becca said...

When we moved to Florida the kids complained about the heat upstairs (even though we have AC). Anyway we put a fan upstairs in the hallway. When the Heat Index is getting really high, I turn it on for the day to circulate air. Also, the boys have smaller fans in their rooms. We placed them on a bookcase by the bed and at night they can turn them on and blow the air right on their faces. Just an idea.

Sonja said...

That's a great idea, Becca - thanks! I think we need many fans!